What is StarCraft Universe?
StarCraft Universe (SCU) is a game mod (Note: it is not a standalone game) for StarCraft 2. Originally named World of StarCraft, SCU's focus is recreating multiplayer raid battle experiences found in the game: World of Warcraft. StarCraft Universe will be released as a series of custom maps published through Battle.net.
What is the objective of this game?
The objective of this game is to experience dungeon raiding and player versus player (PVP) arena in StarCraft 2.The focus of the game will to have a team of players/friends creating/customizing their own hero character which they use to battle together through enemy forces of a powerful boss, or within the pvp arena. These arenas and boss battles will be fun, exciting and very challenging.
What is StarCraft 2?
StarCraft 2 is a multiplayer RTS PC video game (StarCraft 2 Wiki). Players create and maintain a military force to defeat their opponents. Here is an example of StarCraft 2 gameplay. To play StarCraft Universe you must own a copy of StarCraft 2.
What are "custom maps" in StarCraft 2?
Also known as mods, most custom maps are like minigames, but some are complete reworkings of the StarCraft 2 engine. These custom maps are created using the map editing program included with StarCraft 2 and are published online through battle.net. Here are examples of popular custom maps made by StarCraft 2 players. Starcraft Universe will be a series of custom maps published through Battle.net.
What will StarCraft Universe feature?
- A wide variety of monsters, bosses and character classes including the Marine, Firebat, Ghost, Medic, Dark Templar, High Templar, Preserver, Zealot, and more to come.
- A bank system that allows players to create, save and load existing characters.
- Hundreds of customizable weapons, combat modifiers and equipment to choose from.
- Multiplayer experience for up to five players in one instance.
How to Play? (Requirements):
- You must have an internet connection and a gaming PC/Laptop.
- You must have a Battle.net Account. A Battle.net Account is the gaming membership required to play StarCraft 2. You can sign-up at Battle.Net by clicking on "Create An Account". Sign-up is FREE and requires a valid e-mail address.
- You must own a copy of StarCraft 2. This game is sold at your local retail stores. It is 60.00 USD. A digital copy can be purchased from the official StarCraft 2 site. Click on the banner to the right that says, "Download now". If you choose to download a copy of the game StarCraft 2, you will be prompted to sign-up or sign-in to a Battle.net account. The video game size is approx. 10GB plus 1GB of updates. Since the file size is very big, downloading may be paused and resumed at your own discretion.
- Downloading the project and start playing*
*(project not yet released)
Can I see a preview of the project?
SCU is still being developed, and we plan on having an open beta of the pvp arena available by blizzcon. Until then, here is a preview of StarCraft Universe, formally known as World of StarCraft. Enjoy!